How to fill Form I-134
I-134 is known as “Affidavit of Support” form. This form must be
submitted along with the application of visitor Visa if the trip is
- The form should be printed back to back on one single page.
- Only one form required for one family (example: inviting parents). No need of separate form if inviting parents or in-laws.
- Note : No need to notarized
Following are the general guidelines to fill this form. Depends on
individual’s status and circumstances, the information to be filled may
vary. This is provided to you as a convenience and basic guidelines.
Please must provide the information most appropriate in your case.
|Start of the form||Your Name and current US residence address.|
|Question 1||Your Date of birth in Month/day/year format
|Question 2||Your age in completed years
example : 32 , and date since when you are
residing in USA ( the date format would be
|Question 3||Information about the applicant person/family you are sponsoring.
Provide full name as per the passport in the applicant if visitor.
|Question 5||Names of dependents of your
immediate family ( Spouse and Child). If your
spouse is not working, you should check ‘Wholly
Dependent’. If your spouse is
working, you should check
|Question 6||If you have submitted affidavit of support Form
(I-134) for anyone before,
write the names and dates
If submitted more then 2 just provide the latest last 2.
Provide the approximate date if you don’t remember the exact date.
|Question 7||This question is only for US Citizen who
filed family based immigrant sponsorships(
Green Card) form I130.
For a non-immigrant visa holder ( like
|Question 8||You should check the box ‘I intend’.
You should also write ‘I will take care of
all the expenses including travel, lodging,
boarding, food, medicare and all other expenses
during their stay with me in USA.
|Sign and Date|
- Take a photocopy for your record.
- Must provide accurate and correct information.
- Must fill it up cleanly.
- Make sure that the its not too old when you send it to the
applicant, usually more then 2 months old’s are not considered by
- If you have questions or confusion, ask in our discussion forum.
- See a sample completed form : Form I134 Sample
- Step by Step information to sponsor USA Visitor Visa USA Visitor Visa Guide