If you’ve set your heart on a trip to Malaysia
but are not sure about the visa formalities for the same, here’s
simplifying the process for you. The first step if you wish to get a
Malaysia visa is to choose between a visa with reference and a visa without reference.
One without reference is approved for social, tourist or business
visit by the Consulate General of Malaysia. A visa with reference is
approved if you’re seeking one for studying, working or social visit and
need to stay for a longer period of time than allowed by a visa with
You must also apply for a Malaysia visa at least a month prior to
your date of travel. Moreover, you need to submit a visa fee of INR 1000
as visa processing fee. That would be in addition to INR 335 (approx)
charged by VFS as service fee and INR 2000 as VLN fee. One can also
Malaysia visa online.
Malaysia visa information & required documents
You need to have the following set of documents while applying for a visa, regardless of the type of visa:
1) A passport with at least three blank pages and a validity of more than six months on your arrival in Malaysia,
2) Three, recently taken, passport size photographs, all with a white background,
3) Confirmed return ticket with flight details,
5) Last three months’ bank statement in case you have a fresh passport,
6) Foreign nationals also need to submit a proof of address in India while applying for a visa.
If you want to apply Malaysia visa, do remember that all the
documents are in A4 size. This list of required documents might vary
depending on the regional visa centre, where you’re required to submit
The process of getting a Malaysian visa
If you’re seeking a Visa on Arrival, you need to keep the following things in mind –
2) Visa on Arrival is facilitated only if you’re entering via
KLIA/LCCT /Penang Airport/Senai Airport/Kuching Airport/Kota Kinabalu
3) You need to pay a fee of US $ 100. Moreover, you should be carrying US $ 1000 in cash,
4) Fee of US $ 100; you must be carrying a minimum of US $ 1000 in cash,
5) For a visa on arrival, you ought to be carrying a valid visa for Singapore/Thailand with valid return ticket,
6) A Visa on Arrival is allowed for a maximum stay of 7 days.
In case you’re not seeking a Visa on Arrival, submit your visa
application at any of the following VFS centres in India, namely at Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, Chandigarh, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Pune or Ahmedabad.
If you’re residing in Maharashtra/Madhya Pradesh/Gujarat or Goa, you need to submit your application for Malaysia visa for Indians at the given address ―
Malaysia Visa Application Centre at Ground Floor, Trade Center, G Block Bandra Kurla Complex, Bandra East, Mumbai 400050
If you’re a resident of South India and are applying for a visa at
the Consulate General of Malaysia in Chennai, you would be required to
submit the following documents:
1) Original Letter from the employer specifying the residence
address (the letter should address to the Malaysia Consulate Chennai),
2) Copy of birth certificate/marriage certificate in case of applicant accompanying as a tourist,
3) Bonafide certificate in case of students is essential,
4) Bank statement for the last 6 months mentioning the residence address of South India.
Once you have submitted the visa application at one of the VFS
Centres or at any of the Visa Application Centres (VACs), you can track
the status of your application online
Malaysia visa. You can collect your passport from the VFS Centre or via courier delivery.